Friday, April 11, 2008

If we must have public funded TV

I have a better idea than those being suggested. Firstly, privatise the BBC and make it, like all TV stations, bid for the money on offer, why should they have a special position?

What we need is a committee of dedicated, well paid, people to adminster the fund and ensure the money is used in the public interest. I am willing to make the ultimate sacrifice and let my name be accepted for the the role of very well paid plus lots of expenses Chairman. I will be scrupuosly fair and ensure that my favourite sports worthy programmes are heavily subsidised sponsored.

As part of the deal I will make sure that my favourite sports worthy programmes are shown at a time to suit me time that ensure maximum access. Furthermore, I will ensure that the committee is stuffed with my mates well balanced and represents all our interests and that we get lots of jollies to favourite events minority interests.

No comments: