Tuesday, April 08, 2008

And so to home

Well, my first business trip to the ME is coming to an end and I have a tortuous journey back. From Riyadh to Dubai tonight, getting there about midnight. A few hours in a hotel and then a 9am flight landing at 2pm UK time. Don't let anyone tell you business travel is glamorous.

It's been interesting and the hospitality was fantastic and I'm sure I've put a few pounds on despite the lack of alcohol. It has also been educational and has reinforced some of my opinions which will be the subject of another post when I get a few minutes.

2 comments:

Mark Wadsworth said...

Ta for comment re estate agents talking down prices. Are you going to cut and run, dig your heels in or just throw in the towel and stay put?

Simon Fawthrop said...

Mark,

We've decided to stay put, more because we can't find somethinging. There is a real dearth of houses coning on to the market in the south Bcks area. As or selling and renting I agree its a good idea but we have moved so many times in our married life that we can't afce the prospect.

We intend to remodel this house to suit us for the next 5 years or so and see how it goes.