Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Hurray, an enviroment problem that isn't caused by global warming

When I first started reading this story I though " here goes, another excuse for ramping up the GW debate without proof" especially as its a beeb story, but I am happy to say my cynicism was misplaced:

A landslip described as "the worst for 100 years" has destroyed more than 400 metres (1,312 ft) of Dorset's World Heritage Jurassic Coast.

The earth movement blocked a stretch of beach between Lyme Regis and Charmouth but there are no reports of injuries.

I was all prepared for a rant about how this area is always slipping and if its the biggest slip for 100 years it means bigger ones etc.

No doubt someone will get the GW in to this story somewhere

2 comments:

Mark Wadsworth said...

Very puzzling. I have also been monitoring Beeb reportage of Burma cyclone and so far I haven't spotted any references to MMGW.

Simon Fawthrop said...

Maybe this is the begining of the begining of the change from blind belief in all things put out by the MMGW crowd to some critical thinking? Or probably just that they haven't worked the angles yet.