Saturday, January 05, 2008

This is ludicrous

At one end of the scale we appear to have parents who abandon their children to become feral kids, now we have parents who won't let their children grow upgrow up

"Helicopter parents" who "hyperactively intervene" in the lives of their offspring could damage their children's job prospects, a careers expert says.

Its one thing advising kids with their career plan but this?
Dr Paul Redmond claims some parents even contact their sons' or daughters' employers to negotiate pay rises.

If a parent rang me to negotiate on behalf of their child they would get a very short, 2 word, response. I would have some sympathy with the child but I would still have a very short "let me explain" session with them.

1 comment:

Vindico said...

What the fuck? Any parent calling me to give their Johnny a pay rise would also get a very curt response from me! Unbelievable. Can't they just attend their roses?