Saturday, January 26, 2008

So I'm a second class citizen, am I?

I couldn't believe this when I heard it on the radio this morning:

The security of the online computer system used by more than three million people to file tax returns is in doubt after HM Revenue and Customs admitted it was not secure enough to be used by MPs, celebrities and the Royal Family.

I am so incensed but I don't have time to write a coherent, or even incoherent, post.

We've got friends coming round for a Burns supper in about 15 minutes and I need to get ready. So, I'm going to have a convivial evening and drink a few glasses of the red stuff and quite a few of glasses of Scotland's best export. Then I'm going to bed.

I will get up tomorrow and have a game of squash then go off for the day with the Great Wiseone. When I get back I expect to hear that it was either a silly prank, an oversight and we are being treated the same or that someone has been fired in a very public way. Otherwise it will have to be a full rant.

Have a good evening and as my father used to say - if you're not in bed by midnight, come home.

No comments: