Monday, June 30, 2008

Lack of English support for Murray, no surprise to me

Listening to the Andy Murray Vs GASQUET match on Radio 5 earlier the commentators were bemoaning the lack of support from the english fans. perhaps its something to do with this I thought:


Scottish tennis star Andrew Murray says he will be wearing a Paraguay shirt and cheering on England's opponents in the World Cup.

No only that but scots always get really arsey every time the english adopt one of theirs.

Anyway, when someone pointed this out to them the excuse was that it was all tongue-in-cheek. Well, I don't think so. I don't know a single scot who does want England to do well in any sport.

Me? I hope he wins Wimbledon and goes on to be World #1, unless a minor miracle occurs and we get an enlish player coming through, of course.

Update
A really gutsy performance from Murray to get back from 2 down. I wish him luck.

No comments: