Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Why he is he saying this now?

I have been interested and intrigued by the speech of Jonathan Evans, the new boss of MI5, as reported in The Telegraph and other MSM. I used to be a trusting (gullible?) sort of person who believed that when it came to security Governments put party politics aside and did whats best. However, since we were so badly raped over Iraq by Blair (more on that later) I have been somewhat cynical and so started to look round to find out why he is raising these scare stories now.

Well I didn't need to look too far, did I? The old raising of detention without trial limits is being raised again as part of the Queen's speech. Being even more cynical I believe the BBC isn't trailing this without having had at least a nod and a wink from someone on high. So here we go again with the "scaring the children" tactics so that the hard of thinking public will be ever more thankful that our great saviours in Westminster can take away even more freedoms without any proof or even a sunset clause.

Maybe I'll be proved wrong and I we will be back on here tonight apologising for being so cynical and mistrusting of our wonderful Government and praising them for being true libertarians? Bets now being taken with proceeds of my winnings to my favourite cancer charities that I won't be.

No comments: